- In the United States, a burglary occurs every 51 seconds.
- There were 619,811 burglary incidents reported in 2021, a decline of 31% from 2020.
- Peru has the world's highest burglary rate: 2,086 per 100,000 people annually
- Bangladesh has the lowest burglary rate: 1 per 100,000.
- The police have solved only 11% of the cases, whereas the victimization reported reached 41.5%
- In the next 20 years, a jaw-dropping 75% of all houses in the country will be broken into by a burglar.
- When a report is made, 98.5% of victims state they personally know their thief.
- In 2019, 55.7% of burglaries involved a forceful entry into the home, 37.8% were unlawful entries, and 6.4% were attempted forcible entries.